Gun and Knife Crime Awareness Inset and PTA Training
- Duration: 1 – 4 hours
- Location: UK/International
- Suitability: Schools, Foster Homes, Prisons, Secure Hospitals, PRUs, Young Offender Institutions, Charities and Corporations
- Workshop Type: Face to Face or via Zoom/Teams etc
- Customisable: Yes
- Training Resources: Getting Real with Guns and Knives: Covering Laws, Gang Culture, Music & Social Media Influences, Prevention Strategies and Much More by Letise Sampson (See Resource Guide Tab)
What is your school or youth organisation doing to raise awareness of and tackle knife crime and gun crime? 2020 Dreams Knife and Gun Crime Awareness training will ensure you have a ready answer to that question for OFSTED, colleagues, concerned parents and students. We offer training packages suitable for school Inset training days and for PTA groups or networks.
Knife and Gun Crime focused Inset Training and Consultancy
In addition to high quality, engaging student workshops, 2020 Dreams can now offer specialised Inset training and consultancy for schools and other institutions involved with child welfare.
Our training packages are ideal for schools that want to schedule and run their own knife crime workshops rather than having to outsource. This can be more efficient, particularly in large schools or organisations where it may be difficult to reach all students at the same time.
Our Inset training and consultancy packages will include educating attendees on our two most effective forms of student engagement: interactive role-plays and open forum debates. These models are ideal for helping students to open up about their experiences and opinions while protecting their privacy and dignity.
These tools and others have value extending beyond knife and gun crime education since they can be applied to any school workshop setting.
We are happy to customise your training package to your requirement by focusing on specific aspects of gun and knife crime. Just let us know what you need and we will come up with a solution.
Customised PTA Gun and Knife Crime Awareness Training
Is your Parent Teacher Association looking for an effective and responsible way to allocate funds? We can provide high-quality training to school-based PTAs or regional/national PTA networks.
By gathering together parents, educators, managers and other stakeholders in one room, you will be able to deliver a consistent message which extends beyond the school and into the community and home. Developing multi-agency solutions and getting parents fully on board are crucial if we are to make carrying a knife a thing of the past.
The benefits of investing in a knife and gun crime awareness course are immeasurable. Even if just one young person decides to give up carrying a knife on to the streets, that could save them from ruining their future with a criminal record. It could even help save a life.
Getting Real with Guns & Knives Publication
‘Getting Real with Guns and Knives: Weapon Crime Reduction – A Resource Guide for Teachers, Parents, Young People and the Wider Community’ is a 2020 Rising publication focused on raising awareness about the history, causes, legal implications and potential solutions to knife and gun crime.
Most people understand that carrying a knife represents a serious threat to life and liberty. Yet too many young people still make the decision to carry one.
Youths and adults alike are sometimes exposed to myths about knives and guns so it is important that everyone keeps themselves fully informed. For example, did you know that:
- It is illegal to sell a knife of any kind to anyone under the age of 18 (except in Scotland where cutlery and kitchen knives are allowed)
- It is illegal to buy, sell or carry a firearm without a licence
- It is illegal to buy or sell an imitation firearm to anyone under the age of 18
- It is illegal to carry a knife in public without good reason unless the blade is 3 inches or shorter and it is not a banned type (e.g. a Swiss army knife is allowed)
- Examples of banned knives include zombie knives, disguised knives, stealth knives and swords. It is illegal for anyone to buy, sell or carry these
- Self-protection is never deemed a good reason to carry a knife
- It is illegal to use any knife – even a legal one – in a threatening manner
‘Getting Real with Guns and Knives,’ will equip readers with up to date information, research findings and the details of various weapon crime strategies.
To support our work in raising awareness we have produced a number of books.
Topics include Knife Crime, Gang Prevention, Mental Health & more.
Our publications are suitable for both parents & teachers.
All 2020 Rising publications are also designed to be hands-on and practical. Teachers and parents will find plenty of activities, discussion points and real-life case studies (both uplifting and harrowing) to help them to engage with their students and children.
- The impact of weapon crime on physical and mental health
- Peer influence and weapon use
- The effects of social media and video games
- The role of the police and government in tackling knives and guns
- Borough wars and the postcode trap
- Risk perception and reassuring communities
- The reasons why youths carry knives
- Predicting youth violence
- Measuring outcomes of anti-weapon strategies
- Knife and gun law through time
- Trap and drill music: a cause or a symptom?
- The link between drug trafficking and weapons use
- County lines operations
- History of knife crime in the United Kingdom
- Better together: why we need multi-agency strategies
- The need for school and family initiatives
- Risk and protective factors
- Violent behaviour and youth culture
This in-depth resource is a valuable addition to any anti-weapon program you may be running in your school, youth institution or community group. You can download a paid copy here:
Make a Booking Today!
We are committed to changing the relationship between young people and lethal weapons. To find out more about 2020 Dreams gun and knife crime awareness training and consultancy or to make a booking, please either call us on 0800 4714983 or email email@example.com.
If you’re looking for Gun & Knife Crime Awareness workshops for young people in schools, community or charity organisations please visit our gun and knife crime workshops page for more info.
If you’re looking for Gang Prevention Awareness workshops for young people in schools, community or charity organisations please visit our gang workshop page for more info.